Old 11-23-2010, 06:18 PM
"Fred Zinsli"

Default Lenny install freezes

Hi All

My lenny install is freezing at the point where the display reads "Select
and Install Software"

This is immediately after I select the repository and it has gone away and
checks it and then goes to upgrade the existing base.

The display says upgrading briefly, then says please wait, and it sits at
1% indefinitely.

I have tried different repositories, and there is no error like when
volatile is not available. I have downloaded the latest ISO again.

The machine (DL380) I am installing on has had Lenny installed on numerous
times previous as it is my test machine. So I assume it to be OK.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Regards

Fred

Old 11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
"Fred Zinsli"

Hi all

Update:
I have managed to install Ubuntu 10 (server) and FC13 on this same machine
without any issues. I then went to install Lenny and the same issue
exists.

Regards

Fred

Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 PM
"Fred Zinsli"

Hi All

A further update

I can now get Lenny to install but I must ALT+F4 (shell) immediately after
I select a repository. I can then return to the UI (ALT+F1) during the
update and select the application groups I want installed and stay within
the UI as expected.

This certainly is not normal and I would be interest in any comments.

Regards

Fred