Old 11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
vr

Default Bonded NIC's did not come up at boot?

I have a lenny system. My goal is to have two interfaces, 1 NIC active
and 1 NIC in standby on a second switch, so this host will have switch
& port fault tolerance.

I found and followed this guide:
http://www.howtoforge.com/nic-bonding-on-debian-lenny
and all seemed to be working correctly after restarting networking.

After reboot and issuing ifconfig, only the lo interface was listed.

Issuing "ifup bond0" brought up the bonded interface so I edited
/etc/network/interfaces and changed

auto lo
auto lo bond0
and the bonded interface now activates at boot time.

My question is, should I have needed to add bond0 to the auto line or
is there some other proper Debian-way I should adjust elsewhere?