Old 11-22-2010, 04:51 AM
guojiang wu

Default How to install dpkg package in Cygwin OS on i686 computer

Hi Everyone,
When I installed*dpkg-1.14.29 in Cygwin system on an i686 computer, the following information wasdisplayed:"checking dpkg cpu type... i386configure: WARNING: I686 not found in cputable
checking dpkg operating system type... *cygwinconfigure: WARNING: cygwin not found in ostable"*My installation is not*successful.Could dpkg package be install in cygwin?

Thanks,
Guojiang*

Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:51:10 +0800, guojiang wu wrote:

> When I installed dpkg-1.14.29 in Cygwin system on an i686 computer, the
> following information was
> displayed:
> "checking dpkg cpu type... i386
> configure: WARNING: I686 not found in cputable checking dpkg operating
> system type... cygwin configure: WARNING: cygwin not found in ostable"
> My installation is not successful.Could dpkg package be install in
> cygwin?

Hmmm, maybe you get more responses in Cygwin mailing list :-?

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/

It seems your win environment (cygwin) and your arch (I686) are not being
recognized by the package itself and quits. There are some tricks to
bypass this checking in a pure Debian installation but I'm not sure how
this will work under cygwin.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
David Sastre

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:24:23AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:51:10 +0800, guojiang wu wrote:
>
> > When I installed dpkg-1.14.29 in Cygwin system on an i686 computer, the
> > following information was
> > displayed:
> > "checking dpkg cpu type... i386
> > configure: WARNING: I686 not found in cputable checking dpkg operating
> > system type... cygwin configure: WARNING: cygwin not found in ostable"
> > My installation is not successful.Could dpkg package be install in
> > cygwin?
>
> Hmmm, maybe you get more responses in Cygwin mailing list :-?
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/
>
> It seems your win environment (cygwin) and your arch (I686) are not being
> recognized by the package itself and quits. There are some tricks to
> bypass this checking in a pure Debian installation but I'm not sure how
> this will work under cygwin.

Actually, there is no dpkg package in the official cygwin repo, but
there is one in cygwinports¹ which is actively mantained.

¹http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB