Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM
Long Wind

Default can grub on one disk boot OS on another disk?

I have installed etch on hda4
Now I add a scsi disk that have Windows 98
Can grub boot Windows 98??

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:21 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Saturday 20 November 2010 23:34:37 Long Wind wrote:
> I have installed etch on hda4
> Now I add a scsi disk that have Windows 98
> Can grub boot Windows 98??

Yes.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 AM

Running etch your most likely running grub1. If this is the case you must edit your

/boot/grub/menu.list

There are entries for each item on your boot menu. You must create an entry for Windows 98, you define the location of your installation via the hd[0,1] entry. The first number is your disk drive, the second is the partition, both start counting from zero.

TeddyB

Old 11-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Long Wind

My first disk is IDE and called hd0 by grub
My 2nd disk is scsi, it probably won't work if I call it "hd[0,1]" in menu.lst

Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Klistvud