Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Angus Hedger

Default Claws mail and HTML formatting (was: Frustration made me do it.)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:27:01 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:18:43 +0000, Angus Hedger wrote:
>
> > Claw mail is pretty dam fast, I havent bothered to learn the search
> > function very well yet, but meh.
> >
> > And with the right plugins, from the repo, it does HTML email, and
> > RSS like a champion. (and pgp of cause)
>
> Can you expand that information?

It views well, but cant write, as it says below.

I don’t personaly have any need to send HTML email, and have a hard
time working out why you would need to, unless you want to write fancy
newsletters that mildly annoy everyone who hates HTML email

Sorry if I wasn’t clear!

> AFAIK:
>
> ***
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/General_Information#Does_Claws_Mail_allow_me_to_wr ite_HTML_styled_messages.3F
>
> Does Claws Mail allow me to write HTML styled messages?
>
> No. A discussion has gone around over this topic, and the outcome was
> that HTML mail is not wanted. If you really need to send HTML, you
> can of course attach a webpage to an e-mail.
> ***
>
> Greetings,
------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97

Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:45:29 +0000, Angus Hedger wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:27:01 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón wrote:
>
>> > And with the right plugins, from the repo, it does HTML email, and
>> > RSS like a champion. (and pgp of cause)
>>
>> Can you expand that information?
>
> It views well, but cant write, as it says below.
>
> I don’t personaly have any need to send HTML email, and have a hard time
> working out why you would need to, unless you want to write fancy
> newsletters that mildly annoy everyone who hates HTML email

Damn! Yes, I need sending/resending/forwarding those fancy e-mails that
annoy some people >:-)

> Sorry if I wasn’t clear!

Thanks anyway for confirming.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Vi, 19 nov 10, 11:05:53, Camalen wrote:

> Damn! Yes, I need sending/resending/forwarding those fancy e-mails that
> annoy some people >:-)

Forwarding as attachment might work...

Regards,
Andrei

Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Angus Hedger

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:10:53 +0200
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Vi, 19 nov 10, 11:05:53, Camaleón wrote:
> >
> > Damn! Yes, I need sending/resending/forwarding those fancy e-mails
> > that annoy some people >:-)
>
> Forwarding as attachment might work...

As far as I know, forwarding works fine, but writing them doesn’t

------

Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Camalen

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:10:53 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Vi, 19 nov 10, 11:05:53, Camalen wrote:
>>
>> Damn! Yes, I need sending/resending/forwarding those fancy e-mails that
>> annoy some people >:-)
>
> Forwarding as attachment might work...

Yep, but that only covers the third part of my "perverse" needings }:-)

Besides, I still need forwarding "inline".

Greetings,

--
Camalen

Old 11-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Angus Hedger

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:25:11 +0000 (UTC)
Camalen <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, but that only covers the third part of my "perverse"
> needings }:-)

We all have our guilty pleasures!

------