Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Artur Frydel

Default Youtube in full-screen crash browsers.

Hi.

>From last apt-get update I have a little problem with Youtube films in
full-screen mode. They crashes browsers. Iceweasel, google-chrome, or
opera.. After setting film in fullscreen there is crash caused by
libflashplayer.

Debian Lenny. Iceweasel in 3.06 version, google-chrome stable version.
libflashplayer getting from apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Have you the same problems? How to fix this?

--
Artur 'Bzyk' Frydel
"Always look on the bright side of life."

Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:08:46 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:

> From last apt-get update I have a little problem with Youtube films in
> full-screen mode. They crashes browsers. Iceweasel, google-chrome, or
> opera.. After setting film in fullscreen there is crash caused by
> libflashplayer.
>
> Debian Lenny. Iceweasel in 3.06 version, google-chrome stable version.
> libflashplayer getting from apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Have you the same problems? How to fix this?

It works fine here. I am using lenny with "libflashplayer.so"
10.2.161.23 from Adobe site (64 bits).

Try by removing cookies and browser's cache :-?

What I have noted is that Iceweasel crashes many often when entering into
random flash-based sites :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Artur Frydel

Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:08:46 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:
>
>> From last apt-get update I have a little problem with Youtube films in
>> full-screen mode. They crashes browsers. Iceweasel, google-chrome, or
>
> Try by removing cookies and browser's cache :-?

Thanks for answer.
This is not "one station" problem
I had this one on desktop comp, on my laptop, on my dauther's Ubuntu
10.04 TSL desktop (only firefox). So, remove cache is not a solution.

What I checked: remove libgcflashplayer.so from Ubuntu 10.04 to my
desktop's Debian Lenny (/opt/gooogle/....) solved problems.
libgcflashplayer.so from Ubuntu's work fine.

I think that this is a libflashplayer problem, so I was asking here is
anyone had the same problem.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:08:54 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:08:46 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:
>>
>>> From last apt-get update I have a little problem with Youtube films in
>>> full-screen mode. They crashes browsers. Iceweasel, google-chrome, or
>>
>> Try by removing cookies and browser's cache :-?
>>

> Thanks for answer.
> This is not "one station" problem
> I had this one on desktop comp, on my laptop, on my dauther's Ubuntu
> 10.04 TSL desktop (only firefox). So, remove cache is not a solution.

Okay. True is that I am not facing that speficic issue (flash sites crash
very often, but youtube videos in full-sreen mode play fine) :-?

> What I checked: remove libgcflashplayer.so from Ubuntu 10.04 to my
> desktop's Debian Lenny (/opt/gooogle/....) solved problems.
> libgcflashplayer.so from Ubuntu's work fine.
>
> I think that this is a libflashplayer problem, so I was asking here is
> anyone had the same problem.

If you think the problem is on the plugin itself, you can try with
Adobe's (by manually fecthing the .so file and drop it into your
browser's plugin directory).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Artur Frydel wrote:

Hi.

From last apt-get update I have a little problem with Youtube films in

full-screen mode. They crashes browsers. Iceweasel, google-chrome, or
opera.. After setting film in fullscreen there is crash caused by
libflashplayer.

Debian Lenny. Iceweasel in 3.06 version, google-chrome stable version.
libflashplayer getting from apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Have you the same problems? How to fix this?

a little while ago I googled this and the answer... disable hardware
assist by right clicking on the video from the flashplayer.

Now that was the Adobe flashplayer, so YMMV

Hugo

Archive: ic0p4i$mlf$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/ic0p4i$mlf$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Artur Frydel

Camaleón wrote:

> If you think the problem is on the plugin itself, you can try with
> Adobe's (by manually fecthing the .so file and drop it into your
> browser's plugin directory).

I did it. But only for testing. Having newest flashplayer version is
more important for me, than full-screen mode. Of cource for security
reason (if we can think that flash is secure apps .