Old 02-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Csányi Pál

Default system boot hangs at or after filesystems check

Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:39:48 +0000 keltezéssel Csányi Pál azt írta:

> I see only that that the sda SATA drive are used from some
> process.

I can to stop this with C-c, and the boot go on and come to end
successfully.

--
Regards, Paul

Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Csányi Pál

Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:48:35 +0000 keltezéssel Csányi Pál azt írta:

> Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:39:48 +0000 keltezéssel Csányi Pál azt írta:
>
>> I see only that that the sda SATA drive are used from some
>> process.
>
> I can to stop this with C-c, and the boot go on and come to end
> successfully.

This hang happen at /var mount point. /var has its own partition
which is 14 GB.

Maybe this hang is nothing else as fsck check the partitions filesystem?

Any advice is appreciated!

--
/home/csanyipal/maillistsignature

Old 02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
David S

Csányi Pál wrote:
> This hang happen at /var mount point. /var has its own partition
> which is 14 GB.

Hi

Just a quick fix: disable checking the /var partition by changing
it's pass value in /etc/fstab to "0".

Does a CLI-invoked fsck hang when you check the /var partition?

David S

Old 02-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Csányi Pál

Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:17:46 +0900 keltezéssel David S azt írta:

> Csányi Pál wrote:
>> This hang happen at /var mount point. /var has its own partition
>> which is 14 GB.

> Just a quick fix: disable checking the /var partition by changing
> it's pass value in /etc/fstab to "0".

I better leave it to "2".

> Does a CLI-invoked fsck hang when you check the /var partition?

Actually, this hang is not forever; I leave it to see how long
shall to hang and the time was about a minit or two (60-120 seconds).

So, I should to leave fsck to do the job.

I dont know why this "hang" happen so random?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi