Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Toner level checking

Hi.

I bought a new laser printer, the Samsung ML-1915. I managed to make it work
under Debian: see

, without installing Samsung Linux software, as it is discouraged from: see

The disadvantage is that now I have no way to check ink toner level before it
is almost out. The command `escputil -i -r /dev/usb/lp0', that used to work
with my old Epson inkjet, doesn't work now.

Can anyone suggest a proper tool to do so, working with Samsung?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:49:44 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> I bought a new laser printer, the Samsung ML-1915. I managed to make it
> work under Debian: see
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57364
>
> , without installing Samsung Linux software, as it is discouraged from:
> see

> The disadvantage is that now I have no way to check ink toner level
> before it is almost out. The command `escputil -i -r /dev/usb/lp0',
> that used to work with my old Epson inkjet, doesn't work now.

AFAIK that utility is for Epson inkjet printers.

> Can anyone suggest a proper tool to do so, working with Samsung?

Samsung has another driver for that ("Smart Panel"), not sure if it is
available for your printer model.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón