Old 11-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Alan Chandler

Default Java Run Time Detection

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my wife
has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously used for
this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install the
java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what the
issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate plugin
to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Archive: 4CDFC44B.7020401@chandlerfamily.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4CDFC44B.7020401@chandlerfamily.org.uk

Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
David Sastre

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:13:15AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
> wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
> used for this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html
>
> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
> the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
> the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
> plugin to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

WFFM. Tested in Squeeze, Iceweasel 3.5.15 and flashplugin-nonfree
installed.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB

Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Angus Hedger

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:13:15 +0000
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
> wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
> used for this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html
>
> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
> the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
> the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
> plugin to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Hey,

Do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

Works for me with chrome + squeeze sun java + sun java plugin.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97

Old 11-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:13:15 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my wife
> has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously used for
> this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It requires login.

> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install the
> java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what the
> issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate plugin
> to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Make the Java test and see how it goes:

http://www.java.com/es/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Alan Chandler

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
used for this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
plugin to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Hey,

Do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

Works for me with chrome + squeeze sun java + sun java plugin.

I was missing this plugin - I didn't realise it was an extra needed.

Works now in IceWeasel - thanks