-   -   Java Run Time Detection (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/452335-java-run-time-detection.html)

Alan Chandler 11-14-2010 10:13 AM

Java Run Time Detection

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my wife
has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously used for
this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install the
java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what the
issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate plugin
to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Archive: 4CDFC44B.7020401@chandlerfamily.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4CDFC44B.7020401@chandlerfamily.org.uk

David Sastre 11-14-2010 10:28 AM

Java Run Time Detection

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:13:15AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
> wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
> used for this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html
>
> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
> the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
> the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
> plugin to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

WFFM. Tested in Squeeze, Iceweasel 3.5.15 and flashplugin-nonfree
installed.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB

Angus Hedger 11-14-2010 10:43 AM

Java Run Time Detection

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:13:15 +0000
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
> wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
> used for this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html
>
> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
> the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
> the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
> plugin to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Hey,

Do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

Works for me with chrome + squeeze sun java + sun java plugin.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97

Camaleón 11-14-2010 10:47 AM

Java Run Time Detection

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:13:15 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my wife
> has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously used for
> this purpose.
>
> This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races
>
> http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It requires login.

> It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.
>
> When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install the
> java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what the
> issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate plugin
> to link to that command line runtime?
>
> Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Make the Java test and see how it goes:

http://www.java.com/es/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Alan Chandler 11-14-2010 10:07 PM

Java Run Time Detection

It seems strange to ask this now, at the end of the season, but my
wife has suddenly needs use of my windows machine which I previously
used for this purpose.

This url points to the live timing of Formula 1 races

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

It uses a Java plugin to provide the timing screen.

When I go there with Linux/Iceweasel it tells me it needs to install
the java plugin - but then fails to install it. I am not sure what
the issue is - java is installed on my machine. Is there a separate
plugin to link to that command line runtime?

Is this a problem with the site, with Iceweasel or what?

Hey,

Do you have sun-java6-plugin installed?

Works for me with chrome + squeeze sun java + sun java plugin.

I was missing this plugin - I didn't realise it was an extra needed.

Works now in IceWeasel - thanks