Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 AM
"Fred Zinsli"

Default mod_mono

I installed mod_mono and was playing with the settings when I eventually
ganked it completely and couldn't get it to work again. I was playing with
the the config files.

Anyways I decided in all my wisdom to remove (purge) mod_mono and
reinstall it. However after the removal I decided (yet again in all my
wisdom) to delete all the associated folders for mod_mono thinking I would
be back to a fresh start.

I then reinstalled mod_mono

Now I get the following error.

The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll'
directory.

I have searched for the file mentioned, and guess what, it isn't anywhere
(no surprise to some of you).

I have googled and have tried everything I can to fix this.

I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind as to not only
tell me what an idiot I was and I shouldn't play with things I don't know
about, but to also point me to some information that may help me to
resolve this problem I created.

System=lenny
Install=apt-get install mono-xsp2 mono-apache-server2 libapache2-mod-mono
mono-gmcs mono-utils

Regards

Fred

Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
David Sastre

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:44:39PM +1300, Fred Zinsli wrote:
> I installed mod_mono and was playing with the settings when I eventually
> ganked it completely and couldn't get it to work again. I was playing with
> the the config files.
>
> Anyways I decided in all my wisdom to remove (purge) mod_mono and
> reinstall it. However after the removal I decided (yet again in all my
> wisdom) to delete all the associated folders for mod_mono thinking I would
> be back to a fresh start.
>
> I then reinstalled mod_mono
>
> Now I get the following error.
>
> The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
> It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll'
> directory.
>
> I have searched for the file mentioned, and guess what, it isn't anywhere
> (no surprise to some of you).
>
> I have googled and have tried everything I can to fix this.
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind as to not only
> tell me what an idiot I was and I shouldn't play with things I don't know
> about, but to also point me to some information that may help me to
> resolve this problem I created.
>
> System=lenny
> Install=apt-get install mono-xsp2 mono-apache-server2 libapache2-mod-mono
> mono-gmcs mono-utils

Try to aptitude reinstall libmono-corlib2.0-cilą.

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=mscorlib.dll&mod e=path&suite=stable&arch=any

HTH.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB

Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 PM
"Fred Zinsli"

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:44:39PM +1300, Fred Zinsli wrote:
>> I installed mod_mono and was playing with the settings when I eventually
>> ganked it completely and couldn't get it to work again. I was playing
>> with
>> the the config files.
>>
>> Anyways I decided in all my wisdom to remove (purge) mod_mono and
>> reinstall it. However after the removal I decided (yet again in all my
>> wisdom) to delete all the associated folders for mod_mono thinking I
>> would
>> be back to a fresh start.
>>
>> I then reinstalled mod_mono
>>
>> Now I get the following error.
>>
>> The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
>> It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll'
>> directory.
>>
>> I have searched for the file mentioned, and guess what, it isn't
>> anywhere
>> (no surprise to some of you).
>>
>> I have googled and have tried everything I can to fix this.
>>
>> I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind as to not only
>> tell me what an idiot I was and I shouldn't play with things I don't
>> know
>> about, but to also point me to some information that may help me to
>> resolve this problem I created.
>>
>> System=lenny
>> Install=apt-get install mono-xsp2 mono-apache-server2
>> libapache2-mod-mono
>> mono-gmcs mono-utils
>
> Try to aptitude reinstall libmono-corlib2.0-cilą.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=mscorlib.dll&mod e=path&suite=stable&arch=any
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B D0EB 617D 396C 448B
> 31EB

Now I get the following error when starting xsp2

xsp2

** (/usr/lib/mono/2.0/xsp2.exe:16172): WARNING **: The following assembly
referenced from /usr/lib/mono/gac/xsp2/1.9.1.0__0738eb9f132ed756/xsp2.exe
could not be loaded:
Assembly: System (assemblyref_index=1)
Version: 2.0.0.0
Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in
the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing
assembly (/usr/lib/mono/2.0).

** (/usr/lib/mono/2.0/xsp2.exe:16172): WARNING **: Could not load file or
assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file
or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

I tried the following.
aptitude reinstall mono-apache-server2 libapache2-mod-mono
libmono-i18n2.0-cil

Regards

Fred