-   -   list-harddrives lists partitions, too (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/451930-list-harddrives-lists-partitions-too.html)

Ian Ward Comfort 11-12-2010 11:52 PM

list-harddrives lists partitions, too

As of commit 86b2508 (2009-08-03, No longer use HAL in list-harddrives), the list-harddrives stub lists partitions, as well as devices themselves. I'm curious -- what was the rationale for this change? I just stumbled across the new functionality in RHEL6's Anaconda (where it broke my standard kickstart file) and it seems a bit odd, given the command's name.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort@stanford.edu>
Systems Team Lead, Academic Computing Services, Stanford University