Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Mitchell Laks

Default sid printing from cups and gutenprint v 5.2.5 and it drops the first page

for some time the first page of each document has been messed up (usually blank or skipped)
in printing from cups + gutenprint v5.2.5 on laserjet 1200 printer
i will upgrade my sid completely today but this has been going on for a while lately...
thanks
mitchell

Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:36:25 -0500, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> for some time the first page of each document has been messed up
> (usually blank or skipped) in printing from cups + gutenprint v5.2.5 on
> laserjet 1200 printer i will upgrade my sid completely today but this
> has been going on for a while lately...

I would try with another driver (no need to edit the current printer,
just add in CUPS as many instances as you need).

Possible candidates:

HP-LaserJet_1200-pxlmono.ppd (recommended PXL)
HP-LaserJet_1200-Postscript.ppd (generic PS)
hp-laserjet_1200-pcl3.ppd (from HPLIP)

You're lucky for having more than one option :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón