Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Francesco Pietra

Default about cd/dvd burners

Hello:
gnomebaker returns OK burned, however the CD (data) is unreadable
(debian i386 squeeze). I tried brasero with same issues. The same with
amd64.

Finally I installed k3b on i386 squeeze,, getting fully functioning
data CD and DV D. Unfortunately, k3b installs too much kde, preventing
startx to launch gnome (a window from RedHat is called instead). Also,
command 'k3b' calld VMD (a viewer package); until VMD is closed twice,
k3b does not work. I had to --purge remove everything about k3b and
kde.

This means that I was unable - at this moment - to get a comfortable
cd/dvd burner with debian-gnome.

thanks for your attention

Francesco Pietra
Accademia Lucchese di Scienze Lettere e Arti
I-55100 Lucca.
email chiendarret@gmail.com or francesco.pietra@accademialucchese.it

Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:59:58 +0100, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Hello:
> gnomebaker returns OK burned, however the CD (data) is unreadable
> (debian i386 squeeze). I tried brasero with same issues. The same with
> amd64.
>
> Finally I installed k3b on i386 squeeze,, getting fully functioning
> data CD and DV D. Unfortunately, k3b installs too much kde, preventing
> startx to launch gnome (a window from RedHat is called instead). Also,
> command 'k3b' calld VMD (a viewer package); until VMD is closed twice,
> k3b does not work. I had to --purge remove everything about k3b and kde.
>
> This means that I was unable - at this moment - to get a comfortable
> cd/dvd burner with debian-gnome.

All that applications share the same backend (growiso, cdrecord/wodim) so
how about debugging what is failing within brasero? Maybe you could burn
CD-RW/DVD-RW by calling wodim at command line and see if you see any
difference :-?

Greeting,

--
Camaleón