Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Camaleón

Default Running kde and Gnome apps take over

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:12:25 -0500, B. Alexander wrote:

(...)

> So how do I get rid of the gvfs stuff? I have killed gvfsd, only to have
> it respawn. I checked the usual suspects, e.g. /etc/init.d,
> /etc/inittab, /etc/inetd.conf, but found nothing about gvfs. So where
> can I get rid of this behavior? How does gvfs actually get
> started/spawned?
>
> I realize I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but
> searching my system and looking on google have not resulted in a
> solution.

I gave you some "hints":

If you want to run GNOME, I'm afraid gvfs cannot be unistalled. What you
have to find out is why those services are running when you login into
KDE session. They should not be running at all.

Look into common places where GNOME services are usually started:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-latest.html#id2452086

Also, try with saving/restoring your KDE session once you killed all the
GNOME services running in background.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón