Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Artur Frydel

Default How to check which package are from multimedia.org?

Hello

Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore.
But some packages were installed from theirs source, for
example yesterday I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...

Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?

--
Artur 'Bzyk' Frydel
"Always look on the bright side of life."

Old 11-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Alberto Luaces

Artur Frydel writes:

> Hello
>
> Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore.
> But some packages were installed from theirs source, for
> example yesterday I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
>
> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?

If you don't have multimedia.org as a source anymore, aptitude will show
all its packages as `obsolete'.

--
Alberto

Old 11-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:29:03 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:

> Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore. But
> some packages were installed from theirs source, for example yesterday
> I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
>
> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?

No magical command this time... but GUI :-P

In Synaptics there is an "Origin" button to filter/view/manage packages
from selected repos.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

11/11/2010 13:29, Artur Frydel wrote:

> Hello
>
> Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore.
> But some packages were installed from theirs source, for
> example yesterday I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
>
> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?

Hi,

aptitude search ~S~i~mmarillat

this will tell aptitude to look for "marillat" in the maintainer field
of installed packages. Christian Marillat is the maintainer of
debian-multimedia.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Jochen Schulz

tv.debian@googlemail.com:
> 11/11/2010 13:29, Artur Frydel wrote:
>>
>> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
>> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?
>
> aptitude search ~S~i~mmarillat

This will report packages of Christian Marillat from the regular Debian
repository as well.

J.
--
In idle moments I remember former lovers with sentimental tenderness.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 11-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Jörg-Volker Peetz

>From the aptitude user's manual (aptitude-doc-en):

For instance,
aptitude “!?origin(debian)”
will find any unofficial packages on your system (packages not from the
Debian archive).
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

11/11/2010 14:42, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> tv.debian@googlemail.com:
>> 11/11/2010 13:29, Artur Frydel wrote:
>>>
>>> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
>>> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?
>>
>> aptitude search ~S~i~mmarillat
>
> This will report packages of Christian Marillat from the regular Debian
> repository as well.
>
> J.

True, forgot about that, then :

aptitude search ~S~i(~mmarillat!~Odebian)

should narrow it to out-of-debian packages.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Celejar

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:07:22 +0100
Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> wrote:

> Artur Frydel writes:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore.
> > But some packages were installed from theirs source, for
> > example yesterday I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
> >
> > Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
> > repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?
>
> If you don't have multimedia.org as a source anymore, aptitude will show
> all its packages as `obsolete'.

Not if a version of the same package is available from the standard
repos.

Celejar

Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Artur Frydel

Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:29:03 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:
>
>> Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore. But
>> some packages were installed from theirs source, for example yesterday
>> I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
>>
>> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
>> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?
>
> No magical command this time... but GUI :-P

Sad but true
I've done this in this "synaptic" method. This one works for me.
There was one ugly packet - acroread. Removed. And some libs for dvd
read. I don't want them now.
I've found w32codecs also. Thery are needed by mplayer to work witch
some windows codecs? Am I right? Is any method to replace this packet -
not using multimedia?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Artur Frydel

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> Artur Frydel writes:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Some times ago I used multimedia.org. Now, I don't use them anymore.
>> But some packages were installed from theirs source, for
>> example yesterday I discovered old flashplayer-mozilla...
>>
>> Now I want to know, which of my packages are from multimedia.org
>> repository. How to check this one? Any dpkg or apt magical command?
>
> If you don't have multimedia.org as a source anymore, aptitude will show
> all its packages as `obsolete'.

Any magical command to see all obsolete packets in my system?