-   -   Debian server down...............? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/450416-debian-server-down.html)

Charlie 11-10-2010 07:20 AM

Debian server down...............?

Been off the Internet for a couple of weeks satellite equipment went
belly up.

Can't connect to Debian server to upgrade my system. Did something
change in the last few weeks? Aptitude update, just gets errors saying:

Err http://ftp.us.debian.org testing
Release.gpg Connection failed [IP: 64.50.236.52 80]
Err http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing Release.gpg
Connection failed
Err http://security.debian.org testing/updates
Release.gpg Connection failed [IP: 150.203.164.38 80]

Thanks in advance.
Charlie
--
http://www.skymesh.net.au/~taogypsy/
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at
all. .......................................Henry David Thoreau

Camaleón 11-10-2010 09:39 AM

Debian server down...............?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:20:20 +1100, Charlie wrote:

> Been off the Internet for a couple of weeks satellite equipment went
> belly up.
>
> Can't connect to Debian server to upgrade my system. Did something
> change in the last few weeks? Aptitude update, just gets errors saying:
>
> Err http://ftp.us.debian.org testing
> Release.gpg Connection failed [IP: 64.50.236.52 80]

(...)

I can connect to that servers from here (Spain). Maybe you should check
your whole Internet connection... Can you browse (ping/traceroute) other
sites? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Charlie 11-10-2010 09:39 AM

Debian server down...............?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:39:05 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
shared this with us all:

>I can connect to that servers from here (Spain). Maybe you should
>check your whole Internet connection... Can you browse
>(ping/traceroute) other sites? :-?
>
>Greetings,

Thank you,I think it is my ISP that's the problem.

Be well,
Charlie

--
http://www.skymesh.net.au/~taogypsy/
Registered Linux User:- 329524

We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every
day with new experience and character. ....Henry David Thoreau