Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default fax server

Hi,
I'm currently testing a fax server setup with hylafax but dumbfounded when i found that the open source version does not support Primary Rate Interface (PRI) despite the hardware capability
Refer to*http://www.ifax.com/products/hylafax/hylafax.html#PS_HylaFAX_Comparison*(click on the "Hylafax Comparison" tab)

So now, other than Hylafax, is there any other open source fax server that is available on Debian Lenny that supports PRI?
The PRI that I mentioned is*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_Rate_Interface

Thanks for any info.

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Stan Hoeppner

Umarzuki Mochlis put forth on 11/10/2010 12:53 AM:

> I'm currently testing a fax server setup with hylafax but dumbfounded when i
> found that the open source version does not support Primary Rate Interface
> (PRI) despite the hardware capability

Well, duh. Novell and RedHat charge for their dstros that include
"better/more" capabilities. Apparently Hylafax does the same. How do
you think these people feed their families?

Considering the potential user base for fax server software of this
nature, I'm surprised there is a FOSS version at all.

And frankly, someone blasting faxes out of 24 lines shouldn't be
expecting a free ride (especially if you're planning on fax spamming!).

--
Stan

Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Roman Khomasuridze

I'm sure you won't find any other free and open source fax-server solution fith PRI support. Last summer I needed fax server and after some research, Hylafax was only normal/serious option, currently it seems that there are no alternatives..

Regards
Roman

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4CDA47F6.6060603@hardwarefreak.com

Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 AM