Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
"Jesús M. Navarro"

Default fax server

Hi, Stan:

On Wednesday 10 November 2010 10:34:01 Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Roman Khomasuridze put forth on 11/10/2010 2:51 AM:
> > Nope, Enterprise Edition only supports rpm distributions (eh).
>
> Why not use alien? This is precisely why it was written.

On one hand, you can bet it won't be nothing as easy as `alien --to-deb
hylafax.rpm`.

On the other, they probably won't give support for such a non-standard
installation so then, what's the point of paying for a supported version just
to give support away?

They seem to support only Red-Hat-based servers and only Windows clients but
they might be able to support other platforms on a best-effort basis (i.e.:
per hour/per incident).

Cheers.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Stan Hoeppner

Camaleón put forth on 11/10/2010 4:26 AM:

> Uh? Do you need something special for you PRI line?

I'm no ISDN expert, but...

I'm guessing the ASICs may very likely be different on PRI and BRI
cards, thus requiring different device drivers. This would likely
depend on the card vendor and what ASICs they use.

--
Stan

Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 05:55:32 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Camaleón put forth on 11/10/2010 4:26 AM:
>
>> Uh? Do you need something special for you PRI line?
>
> I'm no ISDN expert, but...
>
> I'm guessing the ASICs may very likely be different on PRI and BRI
> cards, thus requiring different device drivers. This would likely
> depend on the card vendor and what ASICs they use.

But HylaFAX does not care about this. If the card is supported by the OS,
HylaFAX can use it. And looking into HylaFAX mailing list I can see many
threads (dated on 2005!) where people seemed to use PRI cards without
problems.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

OT but maybe this is why ISDN is referred to as "it still doesn't
network"
Larry