-   -   2 thunderbird questions (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/449934-2-thunderbird-questions.html)

Paul Cartwright 11-09-2010 10:02 AM

2 thunderbird questions

there are 2 problems I have with thunderbird..
1. when reading new emails in a folder, this is a local IMAP folder, and
you get to the end of single new messages, and the next new message is
in a thread that isn't open, IT STOPS READING. I have to click on
another message in the folder, THEN hit"n" and it opens the closed
thread of new messages..
Thunderbird 3.1.6 on Lenny

2. how do you change the VIEW-SORT-BY to threaded- globally? I keep
finding folders that aren't sorted by threads...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Stan Hoeppner 11-09-2010 10:30 AM

2 thunderbird questions

Paul Cartwright put forth on 11/9/2010 5:02 AM:
> there are 2 problems I have with thunderbird..
> 1. when reading new emails in a folder, this is a local IMAP folder, and
> you get to the end of single new messages, and the next new message is
> in a thread that isn't open, IT STOPS READING. I have to click on
> another message in the folder, THEN hit"n" and it opens the closed
> thread of new messages..
> Thunderbird 3.1.6 on Lenny
>
> 2. how do you change the VIEW-SORT-BY to threaded- globally? I keep
> finding folders that aren't sorted by threads...

"One way to make Mozilla Thunderbird more like Gmail is to turn on the
threaded view of your email. However, by default Thunderbird does not
maintain the threaded view when you sort by a column (such as sender,
date, etc.). Chris Ilias' Blog explains that you can configure
Thunderbird to maintain a threaded view even when you sort your email by
column."

http://lifehacker.com/264317/maintain-threaded-view-in-thunderbird

Have you heard of this thing called "Google", Paul? :) That article is
the #1 hit when searching for "thunderbird threaded view" in Google.

--
Stan

Paul Cartwright 11-09-2010 10:56 AM

2 thunderbird questions