Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
rudu

Default Strange pdf behaviour

Le 08/11/2010 19:17, Camaleón a écrit :

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:10:11 +0100, rudu wrote:

Greetings,
A few people are complaining that this pdf file :
http://www.ubapar.org/IMG/pdf/plaquetteUBA1.pdf shows two black pages,
while others can see and read a two pages leaflet ... which it's
supposed to be indeed.

On my squeeze desktop, evince (2.30.3-1) presents two black pages, while
okular (4:4.4.5-2) doesn't ...

Evince for lenny (2.22) displays it fine :-?

Does anybody have seen this before ?
Any hint to prevent this from happening ?

It could be a bug in the reader, not the first time I've see it... and
not the last time, I'm afraid :-)

How do you create/generate the PDF files?

I still have to investigate on the generation of the file, it may be
crucial indeed.

Thank you for your time.
Rudu

Archive: 4CD844FB.2000405@cegetel.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CD844FB.2000405@cegetel.net

Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Wayne Topa

A few people are complaining that this pdf file :
http://www.ubapar.org/IMG/pdf/plaquetteUBA1.pdf
shows two black pages, while others can see and read a two pages leaflet
... which it's supposed to be indeed.

Epdfview (0.1.7-4) shows only 2 black pages

xpdf (3.02-11) shows 2 full color pages

okular (4:4.4.5-2) also shows 2 full color pages

On my squeeze desktop, evince (2.30.3-1) presents two black pages, while
okular (4:4.4.5-2) doesn't ...
Does anybody have seen this before ?

Yes I have. That is why I have 3 PDF viewers installed.

Any hint to prevent this from happening ?

Don't have a clue.

Wayne

Archive: 4CD8451A.4070501@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CD8451A.4070501@gmail.com

Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 PM