-   -   cgi-bin works with IP but not domain name (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/449438-cgi-bin-works-ip-but-not-domain-name.html)

Zachary Uram 11-08-2010 09:54 AM

cgi-bin works with IP but not domain name

I have various name based virtual hosts setup. They all work fine.
However if I try to run a script in /usr/lib/cgi-bin it fails when I
specify the domain name, but works if I specify my IP name (this is a
VPS)!

So this, http://97.107.134.151/cgi-bin/awstats.pl, works

But this, http://www.oggthebase.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl, gives error
"Oops! This link appears to be broken."

I'm running apache 2.2.16-3.

Here is my /etc/apache2/sites-available/default:

<VirtualHost 97.107.134.151:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

# alert, emerg.
LogLevel warn

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Here is the contents of my /etc/apache2/sites-available/:

darcs default gytha default-ssl jesujuva.org oggthebase.org

Here is my /etc/apache2/sites-available/oggthebase.org:

<VirtualHost 97.107.134.151:80>
ServerAdmin root@oggthebase.org
ServerName oggthebase.org
ServerAlias www.oggthebase.org
DocumentRoot /var/www/oggthebase.org/
ErrorLog /var/www/oggthebase.org/logs/error.log
CustomLog /var/www/oggthebase.org/logs/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

I'd really appreciate any help in solving this.

Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>