Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Celejar

Default postfix & dovecot- IMAP/Maildir format not working-GMAIL import of Yahoo

[Please reply to the list and not to me personally.]

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 06:00:08 -0500
Paul Cartwright <debian@pcartwright.com> wrote:

> > This doesn't add up - how can Gmail work if POP isn't functional? What
> > tool are you trying to POP with? What port, etc.?
> that's a good question.. all I know is I have a gmail folder that has
> all my yahoo.com emails in it..
> I just forgot to add a gmail account into thunderbird

You misunderstand - I'm asking you how *you've* tried to POP directly
from Yahoo - with what tool, settings, etc.?

> gmail uses a 3rd party app called trueswitcher to make the transfer of
> email, contacts, etc from yahoo, it isn't pop3..
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=25413&topic=25415&an swer=166833
> <http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=25413&topic=25415&an swer=166833>
>
> *Note:* If you don't see a dialog box like the one below, it's because
> we can't use TrueSwitch to handle your import. Instead, we will try to
> use Mail Fetcher, a Gmail-internal feature. You can find detailed
> information about Mail Fetcher
> <https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21288>.

Hm, when I navigate Google, I never get to that TrueSwitch stuff:

http://mail.google.com/support/
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=28647
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56283

I don't know how you ended up there - I see that your urls have a
different structure, with 'static' in them. No idea, and I don't have
the patience to figure out Gmail's internals.

Celejar

Wed Nov 10 15:30:02 2010