Old 11-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Yuwen Dai

Default Does Pidgin support audio and video?

Dear all,

Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video?* If it does, from what version?* I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video settings.

Best regards,
Yuwen

Old 11-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Celejar

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
> settings.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

Celejar

Old 11-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
> Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
>> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
>> settings.
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Yuwen Dai

> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? *If it does, from what

> version? *I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video

> settings.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

I understand.* Pidgin supports multiple protocols.* When I check if Pidgin supports video or audio, I shall ask which protocol I use.

Best regards,
Yuwen

*

Celejar

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20101107223758.fcf909e0.celejar@gmail.com

Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Celejar

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:07:03 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
> > Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
> >> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
> >> settings.
> >
> > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port
>
> Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).

But he says he's using 2.6.6 on Lenny? Backports?

Celejar

Old 11-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:30:43 -0500, Celejar wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:07:03 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:

>> > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port
>>
>> Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).
>
> But he says he's using 2.6.6 on Lenny? Backports?

I missed that.. yes, propably from backports (current -bpo is 2.7.3).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Bob

version 2.7.3 in Squeeze does when used with google talk, I've been
unable to persuade it or empathy to use the mic on my USB webcam tho,
and NAT traversal is as problematic as ever.