-   -   Does Pidgin support audio and video? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/449344-does-pidgin-support-audio-video.html)

Yuwen Dai 11-08-2010 02:19 AM

Does Pidgin support audio and video?

Dear all,

Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video?* If it does, from what version?* I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video settings.

Best regards,
Yuwen

Celejar 11-08-2010 02:37 AM

Does Pidgin support audio and video?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
> settings.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

Celejar

Camaleón 11-08-2010 07:07 AM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
> Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
>> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
>> settings.
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Yuwen Dai 11-09-2010 12:43 AM

Does Pidgin support audio and video?

> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? *If it does, from what

> version? *I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video

> settings.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port

I understand.* Pidgin supports multiple protocols.* When I check if Pidgin supports video or audio, I shall ask which protocol I use.

Best regards,
Yuwen

*

Celejar

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20101107223758.fcf909e0.celejar@gmail.com

Celejar 11-09-2010 01:30 AM

Does Pidgin support audio and video?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:07:03 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:19:57 +0800
> > Yuwen Dai <yuwend@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Do you know if Pidgin supports audio and video? If it does, from what
> >> version? I use Pidgin 2.6.6 on Debian Lenny and find no audio or video
> >> settings.
> >
> > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port
>
> Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).

But he says he's using 2.6.6 on Lenny? Backports?

Celejar

Camaleón 11-09-2010 09:38 AM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:30:43 -0500, Celejar wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:07:03 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:37:58 -0500, Celejar wrote:

>> > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSup port
>>
>> Mmm... and it was included in 2.6 (lenny bundles 2.4).
>
> But he says he's using 2.6.6 on Lenny? Backports?

I missed that.. yes, propably from backports (current -bpo is 2.7.3).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Bob 11-11-2010 05:28 AM

Does Pidgin support audio and video?

version 2.7.3 in Squeeze does when used with google talk, I've been
unable to persuade it or empathy to use the mic on my USB webcam tho,
and NAT traversal is as problematic as ever.