Old 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default mondo users with latest Sid?

Hi,

Are there any mondo users with the latest Sid updates?

I kind of doubt it because the mondo that comes with Sid fails to do an
archive and exits with an error because it was never upgraded to post
2.6.30 kernels.

And the .deb packages from upstream for more recent versions have to be
modified for Sid use because packages cdrecord and mkisofs are gone.

When I use mondoarchive to produce a bootable DVD with the most recent
Sid and boot from the DVD the last message is:

udevadm[1069]: error sending message: Connection refused.

and in 10 seconds a reboot occurs.

AFAIK this is a udev issue. Current Sid udev is 164-1 and the last
system that I was able to use mondo with had udev 157-1.

But ye gads, trying to downgrade udev?

Hugo