Old 11-07-2010, 12:14 PM
wi

Default squeeze, jpilot, tungsten e2

Hi,

I installed squeeze and jpilot (like in Lenny) and try to synchronize
jpilot with my pda tungsten e2 (like in Lenny), but it doesn't work.

Can someone help me?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 14:14:50 +0100
wi <wllrt@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed squeeze and jpilot (like in Lenny) and try to synchronize
> jpilot with my pda tungsten e2 (like in Lenny), but it doesn't work.
>
> Can someone help me?

Error messages would be helpful. You can also try the pilot-link
command line tools, which might help us determine whether the problem
is with jpilot, or a more basic issue.

Celejar

Old 11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
wi

There's no error message.
If I start jpilot in a terminal and try to synchronize, there's no
message. Only on the pda that there's no connection.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
wi

Now I installed pilot-link and tried:
debian:/dev$ pilot-xfer -l

Unable to determine port to bind
Please use --help for more information

Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Celejar

[Please reply only to the list, and not to me, as per the CoC.]

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:01:50 +0100
wi <wllrt@t-online.de> wrote:

> Now I installed pilot-link and tried:
> debian:/dev$ pilot-xfer -l
>
> Unable to determine port to bind
> Please use --help for more information

You need to set a port, on the command line or via the PILOTPORT
environment variable; see the man pages for pilot-link and pilot-xfer.
Jpilot also uses the PILOTPORT environment variable. Hint: I have
"export PILOTPORT=usb:" in my .bashrc .

Celejar

Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
wi

Now I have the following result:

debian:~$ pilot-xfer --port usb: -l

Listening for incoming connection on usb:...

But nothing more ???

Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:23:36 +0100
wi <wllrt@t-online.de> wrote:

> Now I have the following result:
>
> debian:~$ pilot-xfer --port usb: -l
>
> Listening for incoming connection on usb:...
>
> But nothing more ???

I assume your device is plugged in via USB? What does dmesg / syslog
show when you plug it in?

Celejar

Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 AM
wi

if I press the synchr.button on the pda, dmesg showed:

debian:~$ dmesg | tail
[ 1301.238869] usb 1-5: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usblp while 'usb'
sets config #1
[ 1303.757521] usblp0: removed
[ 1319.588426] usb 1-5: USB disconnect, address 4
[ 1368.864015] usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and
address 2
[ 1369.037999] usb 4-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0830,
idProduct=0061
[ 1369.038005] usb 4-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=5
[ 1369.038009] usb 4-2: Product: Palm Handheld
[ 1369.038012] usb 4-2: Manufacturer: Palm, Inc.
[ 1369.038016] usb 4-2: SerialNumber: PalmSN12345678
[ 1369.038160] usb 4-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice