Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Rob Owens

Default Quod Libet font size

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 03:00:25PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:00:47 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if this is an application-specific question, or if there is
> > a single mechanism for all applications.
> >
> > I'd like to increase the font size on the Quod Libet music player. I'm
> > displaying it on a low-definition television, and it's a little hard to
> > read. Any tips on how to do it?
>
> If the program itself does not provide a method to customize its look &
> feel, I think you could still tweak GTK+ based apps by using
> "~/.gtkrc-2.0" file (create it if not present) and define there your
> desire setting, i.e.:
>
> ***
> gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 8"
> ***
>
> (relogin)
>
> All your GTK+ based applications should now render at Tahoma point 8.

Awesome! That's just what I needed.

For the record, I found that you can also call a specific gtkrc file at
the command line. This allows you to have different settings per
application.

GTK2_RC_FILES=/path/to/gtkrc someGTKapp

-Rob

Old 11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:48:12 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 03:00:25PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> ***
>> gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 8"
>> ***
>>
>> (relogin)
>>
>> All your GTK+ based applications should now render at Tahoma point 8.
>>
> Awesome! That's just what I needed.
>
> For the record, I found that you can also call a specific gtkrc file at
> the command line. This allows you to have different settings per
> application.
>
> GTK2_RC_FILES=/path/to/gtkrc someGTKapp

Hey, very nice tip! Yours is even better :-)

I find it very convenient because it allows to cherry picking the font
setting for every situation without the needing of affecting all GTK
fonts.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón