Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Camaleón

Default No hidden/backup files in desktop (GNOME)

Hello,

I am hitting an strange behavior in both lenny and squeeze systems.

Hidden (".my_hidden_file") or backup ("my_backup_file~") files cannot be
displayed on the desktop but they can be viewed/managed/accessed/deleted
within nautilus file manager, MC or command line (ls -l).

Needless to say that "show hidden files" and "show backup files" are
enabled within Gconf ("/desktop/gnome/file_views/..." key). Also,
creating a fresh new user and login with it in a GNOME session do show
the same behaviour.

Not a big issue but quite curious :-) Any clue?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón