Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
"B. Alexander"

Default *fox + gmail

I'm having a weird problem on my workstation at home. I can't do
anything on gmail any more. I can pull the site up and look at emails,
but I can't compose, I can't go into the settings and my chat contacts
are gone. This started happening about 2 days ago. I'm running 32-bit
sid (with an amd64 kernel, due to time shift issues), but it has been
that way for well over a year.

My work box, which is running 64-bit sid does not have this problem.

I tried this in both iceweasel and swiftfox, cleared all the google
cookies, and still the problem persists, but only on this box.

Any ideas?
--b

Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

I'm having a weird problem on my workstation at home. I can't do
anything on gmail any more. I can pull the site up and look at emails,
but I can't compose, I can't go into the settings and my chat contacts
are gone. This started happening about 2 days ago. I'm running 32-bit
sid (with an amd64 kernel, due to time shift issues), but it has been
that way for well over a year.

My work box, which is running 64-bit sid does not have this problem.

I tried this in both iceweasel and swiftfox, cleared all the google
cookies, and still the problem persists, but only on this box.

Try removing your whole profile:

mv ~/.firefox ~/firefox-backup

and starting firefox to see if it works again.

--
It's useless to try to hold some people to anything they say while they're
madly in love, drunk, or running for office.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Archive: 20101105142836.20367ek7blqnb2io@mail.kalinowski.co m.br">http://lists.debian.org/20101105142836.20367ek7blqnb2io@mail.kalinowski.co m.br

Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Nuno Magalh„es

I'd go for clearing cookies and cache first, and making sure you're
not blocking any scripts.

HTH

Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Richard Lawrence

I recently had a problem with Google Docs -- they started saying
Iceweasel was an unsupported browser. The fix was to modify the
User-Agent string. I'm not sure if this will help the OP or not, but
the Docs issue was discussed (with instructions for changing your
User-Agent string) here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=72fe7b0e15737560&hl=en

Best,
Richard