Old 11-05-2010, 11:08 AM
S Scharf

Default Anyone compile Thunderbird (was: Mozilla products in Debian (was: A question for the list:))

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:04:46 +0000, Chris wrote:

>> How about "volatile"? :-?

>> ClamAV packages are there for that precisely reason (they need to be

>> updated -security fixes- very often).

> Why not simply grab the package from mozilla and install under /opt Sent

It lacks system integration (plugins et al).

Besides, Mozilla does not provide 64-bits builds for stable branch

(AFAIK, only "nightly builds" are available and not for Thunderbird, just

Firefox).

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

While we are on the topic, has anyone successfully compiled Thunderbird (on Squeeze 64bit). I have no problems with
Firefox, but after my Thunderbird compile, it runs and immediately exits without a word (OK, if complains that:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** Xlib:* extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
, an artifact of running Xinerama, but Firefox also gives that warning with no problem).

Stuart