Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Joya Luevano Mayonga

Default Some process thinks my HDD is CD drive

Hi,
I always get warnings like "Device: /dev/hda, ATA error count
increased from 7110 to 7111" . I investigated this issue some
time ago and Bruce Allen pointed that some process thinks that
this device might be a DVD or CD player or recorder and is
polling the device using ATAPI rather than ATA commands and
that generates this error.
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=Pine.LNX.4.63.0710261451120.4 380%40trinity.phys.uwm.edu)

Which process/service can cause this situation?
I use Etch.

Thanks