Old 11-03-2010, 05:37 AM
godo

Default debian list problem

Hi all,
I have problem with debian list last few month. In 90% my mail is
rejected with this message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at cpoproxy1-pub.bluehost.com.

<debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
82.195.75.100 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <debian-user@lists.debian.org>: Recipient
address rejected: Mail appeared to be SPAM or forged. Ask your
Mail/DNS-Administrator to correct HELO and DNS MX settings or to get
removed from DNSBLs; please relay via your ISP (dobosevic.com)

Giving up on 82.195.75.100.

I can sent/replay mails only if i send them several in a row. Then there
is a chance that one mail come to the list.
My server support told me that everything is fine and that this is
lists.debian.org problem.
I was sent mail to listmaster@lists.debian.org before few days but there
is no answer.
Does anybody know how can I contact listmaster@lists.debian.org and fix
this problem?

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Archive: 4CD1033E.1040306@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CD1033E.1040306@dobosevic.com

Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:37:50 +0100, godo wrote:

(...)

> <debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
> 82.195.75.100 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 5.7.1
> <debian-user@lists.debian.org>: Recipient address rejected: Mail
> appeared to be SPAM or forged. Ask your Mail/DNS-Administrator to
> correct HELO and DNS MX settings or to get removed from DNSBLs; please
> relay via your ISP (dobosevic.com) Giving up on 82.195.75.100.

Mmm... maybe the mailing list server does not like your IP
(93.139.23.178) because it appears as blacklisted under some rbl :-?

> I can sent/replay mails only if i send them several in a row. Then there
> is a chance that one mail come to the list. My server support told me
> that everything is fine and that this is lists.debian.org problem.
> I was sent mail to listmaster@lists.debian.org before few days but there
> is no answer.
> Does anybody know how can I contact listmaster@lists.debian.org and fix
> this problem?

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a response :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM
godo

Mmm... maybe the mailing list server does not like your IP
(93.139.23.178) because it appears as blacklisted under some rbl :-?

Greetings,

Thanks for answer. Yes, I'm on http://www.mail-abuse.com/ and I don't
know why.

I contacted them and hope that I will soon be removed.

--

Archive: 4CD1A22B.7000809@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CD1A22B.7000809@dobosevic.com

Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:55:55 +0100, godo wrote:

>> Mmm... maybe the mailing list server does not like your IP
>> (93.139.23.178) because it appears as blacklisted under some rbl :-?
>>

> Thanks for answer. Yes, I'm on http://www.mail-abuse.com/ and I don't
> know why.

It's quite common to get in there :-/

ISP spools for dynamic DSL IP addresses come and go between clients, so
there is a high chance you get a blacklisted IP one day or other: one
user sends spam and gets listed, then you power-cycle your DSL router
which polls for a new address and you get the "dirty" one. You're damned.

> I contacted them and hope that I will soon be removed.

IP blacklisting is nowadays "futile", it should be avoided at all. Well,
it can be useful when used along with spam filters based on scoring but
blocking a client just by his/her IP is foolish.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Howard Eisenberger

On 2010-11-03, godo wrote:

>> Mmm... maybe the mailing list server does not like your IP
>> (93.139.23.178) because it appears as blacklisted under some rbl :-?>
>>
> Thanks for answer. Yes, I'm on http://www.mail-abuse.com/ and I don't
> know why.
> I contacted them and hope that I will soon be removed.

Isn't it the smarthost cpoproxy1-pub.bluehost.com (69.89.21.11)
that is rejected, not the dynamic IP address (93.139.23.178) ?

Regards,

Howard E.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Lisi

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 06:37:50 godo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have problem with debian list last few month. In 90% my mail is
> rejected with this message:
>
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at cpoproxy1-pub.bluehost.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work
> out.
>
> <debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
> 82.195.75.100 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <debian-user@lists.debian.org>: Recipient
> address rejected: Mail appeared to be SPAM or forged. Ask your
> Mail/DNS-Administrator to correct HELO and DNS MX settings or to get
> removed from DNSBLs; please relay via your ISP (dobosevic.com)
> Giving up on 82.195.75.100.
>
> I can sent/replay mails only if i send them several in a row. Then there
> is a chance that one mail come to the list.
> My server support told me that everything is fine and that this is
> lists.debian.org problem.
> I was sent mail to listmaster@lists.debian.org before few days but there
> is no answer.
> Does anybody know how can I contact listmaster@lists.debian.org and fix
> this problem?

I have a similar problem with the Debian mailing list, tho' not with my other
lists. My emails are periodically bounced. In my case it appears that the
list filters suddenly take objection to teh fact taht I send through my ISP
and receive through GMail.

Since this is what I want to do, so if an email gets bounced I reset my SMTP
setting to GMail, resend my one post, reset my SMTP settings to my ISP's
server.

Irritating, but effective.

Lisi

Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM
godo

I have a similar problem with the Debian mailing list, tho' not with my other
lists. My emails are periodically bounced. In my case it appears that the
list filters suddenly take objection to teh fact taht I send through my ISP
and receive through GMail.

Since this is what I want to do, so if an email gets bounced I reset my SMTP
setting to GMail, resend my one post, reset my SMTP settings to my ISP's
server.

Irritating, but effective.

Lisi

Thanks for replaying.
I was talk to my ISP and problem is fixed. Somehow his IP range was on
spamer list.