FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
 
Default getting rid of errors in Xorg.0.log

Can someone please help me on how to configure X to get rid of the following
errors.

$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
(EE) GLX error: Can not get required symbols.
(EE) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics
hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"



Entire /var/log/Xorg.0.log is uploaded to http://pastebin.com/bzM3PBJF


$uname -a
Linux kusumanchi.mae.cornell.edu 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Sep 16 19:35:51 UTC
2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Using a combination of Lenny and Squeeze. Machine is Dell Inspiron E1505 .


$lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M52 [Mobility Radeon
X1300]


$dpkg -l *radeon* *glx* *fb0* *fglrx* | grep ^ii
ii fglrx-atieventsd 1:10-7-1
external events daemon for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii fglrx-driver 1:10-7-1
non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii fglrx-glx 1:10-7-1
proprietary libGL for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii fglrx-kernel-2.6.26-2-686 1:10-7-1+2.6.26-25lenny1
ATI binary kernel module for Linux 2.6.26-2-686
ii fglrx-source 1:10-7-1
kernel module source for the non-free AMD/ATI r6xx - r7xx display driver
ii libdrm-radeon1 2.4.21-1~squeeze3
Userspace interface to radeon-specific kernel DRM services -- runtime
ii radeontool 1.6.1-1
utility to control ATI Radeon backlight functions on laptops
ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2
X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver
No packages found matching *fb0*.


$cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep -v '#' | grep -v '^$'
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
EndSection


thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: iaqfbn$lah$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/iaqfbn$lah$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default getting rid of errors in Xorg.0.log

On Ma, 02 nov 10, 21:54:43, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Can someone please help me on how to configure X to get rid of the following
> errors.
>
> $ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
> (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
> (EE) GLX error: Can not get required symbols.

[snip synaptics errors or which I have no idea]

> $uname -a
> Linux kusumanchi.mae.cornell.edu 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Sep 16 19:35:51 UTC
> 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Using a combination of Lenny and Squeeze. Machine is Dell Inspiron E1505 .
>
> $lspci | grep VGA
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M52 [Mobility Radeon
> X1300]

...

> ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2
> X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver

You need a newer kernel, probably the one from squeeze.

Regards,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
 
Default getting rid of errors in Xorg.0.log

Andrei Popescu wrote:
>
>> ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2
>> X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver
>
> You need a newer kernel, probably the one from squeeze.

Could you please elaborate why I need a new kernel? Where is the
incompatibility?

thanks
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: ib1vth$t99$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/ib1vth$t99$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Arnt Karlsen
 
Default getting rid of errors in Xorg.0.log

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 18:20:15 -0400, Kamaraju wrote in message
<ib1vth$t99$1@dough.gmane.org>:

> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >
> >> ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2
> >> X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver
> >
> > You need a newer kernel, probably the one from squeeze.
>
> Could you please elaborate why I need a new kernel? Where is the
> incompatibility?

..no, chk (or not at your own peril) X.org's radeon pages,
you're trying to run Sid or an old experimental radeon on
a Lenny era kernel, which makes "your problem" look like a
Microsoft engineered flame bait.

--
..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt... ;o)
...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
Scenarios always come in sets of three:
best case, worst case, and just in case.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20101106223953.1efcb981@a45.fmb.no">http://lists.debian.org/20101106223953.1efcb981@a45.fmb.no
 
Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default getting rid of errors in Xorg.0.log

On Vi, 05 nov 10, 18:20:15, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >
> >> ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2
> >> X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver
> >
> > You need a newer kernel, probably the one from squeeze.
>
> Could you please elaborate why I need a new kernel? Where is the
> incompatibility?

The radeon driver is using KMS now, which depends on the correct kernel
module being available.

HTH,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org