Old 02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
michael

Default is it possible to work collaboratively on Word doc using OpenOffice?

I'm flummoxed!

I wish to add notes to a word document that I share across platforms. I
was hoping to use OpenOffice but it doesn't seem to recognize "comments"
that are inserted using MS Word. This seems strange (and ultra annoying)
given one can insert 'notes' into the document under OpenOffice.

Has anybody got an easy workaround (other than sticking VMplayer on my
Linux box and then running MS Word under MS Windows XP)?

Many thanks, M