Old 11-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Elimar Riesebieter

Default listening to radio stations

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
Jude DaShiell told:

> Do any command line tools exist in debian that will allow a user to
> listen to a streaming broadcast say from
> http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls I had that working fine on my
> mac mini yesterday then the stream went away so I am interested to know
> if debian can play this too if it's actually working. It's in the way of
> a cross check.

What you're looking for is moc:

moc (music on console) is a full-screen player designed to be powerful
and easy to use.
.
Supported file formats are: MP3, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WAVE, SPEEX, Musepack (MPC),
AIFF, AU, WMA (and other less popular formats supported by libsndfile).
New formats support is under development.
.
Other features: simple mixer, colour themes, searching the menu (the playlist
or a directory) like M-s in Midnight Commander, the way MOC creates titles
from tags is configurable, optional character set conversion for file tags
using iconv(), OSS or ALSA output.
.
Homepage: http://moc.daper.net

Just put http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062 to the playlist and
enjoy

Elimar

--
>what IMHO then?
IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate
--posting from alex in debian-user--