Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Mark

Default Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ogya Chief <ogyachief@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

*

I have just bought a pc with Windows 7 pre-installed and I want to partition and install debian on the drive. If I use the debian installer's partitioner, what precautions do I have to take in order not to damage the Windows partition?

I would suggest using jkdefraggui to move all Windows 7 files to the front of the disk, before doing any partitioning work, to help reduce the risk of messing up the Windows 7 installation.

Mark

Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Ogya Chief

*

I have just bought a pc with Windows 7 pre-installed and I want to partition and install debian on the drive. If I use the debian installer's partitioner, what precautions do I have to take in order not to damage the Windows partition?

I would suggest using jkdefraggui to move all Windows 7 files to the front of the disk, before doing any partitioning work, to help reduce the risk of messing up the Windows 7 installation.

Mark

*

Thanks, Mark for the pointer. I will give it a try.
*
Regards,
Ogya