Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   UVC cameras (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/438644-uvc-cameras.html)

PETER EASTHOPE 10-12-2010 08:00 AM

UVC cameras
 
Somewhere I've read that a camera must be UVC conformant to qualify to use
the Vista label on the package. It wasn't an authoritative source.

Recently I put an inexpensive camera on Squeeze and got a local image in
Skype. Oddly the remote image was OK without the camera but garbled with
the camera connected.

Can anyone explain this observation or cite pertinent documentation?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/
http://carnot.yi.org/ = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: d0e591e34cf42.4cb3b334@shaw.ca">http://lists.debian.org/d0e591e34cf42.4cb3b334@shaw.ca

Eike Lantzsch 10-12-2010 10:57 AM

UVC cameras
 
On Tuesday 12 October 2010 05:00:36 PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Somewhere I've read that a camera must be UVC conformant to qualify to use
> the Vista label on the package. It wasn't an authoritative source.
>
> Recently I put an inexpensive camera on Squeeze and got a local image in
> Skype. Oddly the remote image was OK without the camera but garbled with
> the camera connected.
>
> Can anyone explain this observation or cite pertinent documentation?
>
> Thanks, ... Peter E.

Not enough info to help, really, but what about your bandwidth?

Cheers, Eike

--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Casilla de Correo 1519
1209 Asuncion / Paraguay
Phone: +595-21-578698 FAX: +595-21-578690
Cell-Phone: +595-981-939317


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201010120757.40232.zp6cge@gmx.net">http://lists.debian.org/201010120757.40232.zp6cge@gmx.net

Camaleón 10-12-2010 04:05 PM

UVC cameras
 
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:57:40 -0300, Eike Lantzsch wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 October 2010 05:00:36 PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
>> Somewhere I've read that a camera must be UVC conformant to qualify to
>> use the Vista label on the package. It wasn't an authoritative source.
>>
>> Recently I put an inexpensive camera on Squeeze and got a local image
>> in Skype. Oddly the remote image was OK without the camera but garbled
>> with the camera connected.
>>
>> Can anyone explain this observation or cite pertinent documentation?
>>
>> Thanks, ... Peter E.
>
> Not enough info to help, really, but what about your bandwidth?

Yep, it's a bit vague description. I would also test the webcam with
another program like Kopete or Ekiga, to discard any issue with Skype.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2010.10.12.16.05.16@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.10.12.16.05.16@gmail.com

Sjoerd Hardeman 10-12-2010 07:24 PM

UVC cameras
 
Op 12-10-10 18:05, Camaleón schreef:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:57:40 -0300, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 12 October 2010 05:00:36 PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
>>> Somewhere I've read that a camera must be UVC conformant to qualify to
>>> use the Vista label on the package. It wasn't an authoritative source.
>>>
>>> Recently I put an inexpensive camera on Squeeze and got a local image
>>> in Skype. Oddly the remote image was OK without the camera but garbled
>>> with the camera connected.
>>>
>>> Can anyone explain this observation or cite pertinent documentation?
>>>
>>> Thanks, ... Peter E.
>>
>> Not enough info to help, really, but what about your bandwidth?
>
> Yep, it's a bit vague description. I would also test the webcam with
> another program like Kopete or Ekiga, to discard any issue with Skype.
Better, try luvcview or guvcview, specialised programmes to just grab
the output of the camera. They also allow to alter the settings, maybe
you can fix things.

Sjoerd


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.