Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Long Wind

Default how to install kernel header for lenny

I try to get aircrack-ng to work
It offers a patch
When I try to install patch, it complains that no kernel header

It seems that I need to install kernel header for lenny
but where is the kernel header package?

PS: my network is slow, I can't reply quickly

Old 10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Long Wind wrote:

I try to get aircrack-ng to work
It offers a patch
When I try to install patch, it complains that no kernel header

It seems that I need to install kernel header for lenny
but where is the kernel header package?

PS: my network is slow, I can't reply quickly

http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-headers-2.6-486

Hugo

Archive: i900h1$95p$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/i900h1$95p$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:43:22 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Long Wind wrote:
>> I try to get aircrack-ng to work
>> It offers a patch

Aircrack-ng is available from standard repo. Doesn't the package work for
you?

>> When I try to install patch, it complains that no kernel header

The exact message you get would be of help. Also, the output of "uname -
r".

>> It seems that I need to install kernel header for lenny but where is
>> the kernel header package?
>>
>> PS: my network is slow, I can't reply quickly
>>

> http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-headers-2.6-486

>From backports and i486 architecture? :-?

Greetings,

--