Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Long Wind

Default does lenny support my wireless card

I have just installed my card on lenny
I didn't find any info about my card in /var/log/messages
My card is by Gigabyte
Model No. GN-WPKG
Chipset RT2560F

I had set it up in kernel 2.4
What is the name of module for my card in kernel 2.6?
Do I have to compile source to make it work in lenny's kernel 2.6

Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 02:11:04 -0800, Long Wind wrote:

> I have just installed my card on lenny I didn't find any info about my
> card in /var/log/messages My card is by Gigabyte
> Model No. GN-WPKG
> Chipset RT2560F
>
> I had set it up in kernel 2.4
> What is the name of module for my card in kernel 2.6? Do I have to
> compile source to make it work in lenny's kernel 2.6

According to this page, your card should be detected by "rt2500pci"
module.

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/rt2500#rt2500pci

What does "/sbin/ifconfig" report?

Greetings,