Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
lee

Default setting up mouse and keyboard for X11

Hi,

unfortunately, the configuration of mouse and keyboard for X11 has
changed, so they donīt work correctly anymore after a fresh
install.

Now I need keyboard and mouse to work as they did before:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "11"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "EmulateWheel" "True"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "EmulateWheelClickToo" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XKBOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
EndSection

When I disable "AutoAddDevices" and "AllowEmptyInput" so that the
configuration shouldnīt be ignored, the keyboard and the mouse donīt
work at all and Iīm forced to press the reset button after starting
the x-server.

The logfile says:

X.Org X Server 1.7.7
[...]
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse' will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(WW) Disabling Mouse0
[...]
(II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event3)
(**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
(II) LoadModule: "evdev"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
(II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.7.6.901, module version = 2.3.2
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
(**) Power Button: always reports core events
(**) Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
(II) Power Button: Found keys
(II) Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD)
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_layout" "de"
(**) Option "xkb_variant" "nodeadkeys"
(II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
(**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
(**) Power Button: always reports core events
(**) Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
(II) Power Button: Found keys
(II) Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD)
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_layout" "de"
(**) Option "xkb_variant" "nodeadkeys"
(II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event0)
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
(**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
(II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
(**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
(**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
(**) Option "xkb_layout" "de"
(**) Option "xkb_variant" "nodeadkeys"
(II) config/udev: Adding input device PS2++ Logitech TrackMan (/dev/input/event1)
(**) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
(**) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: always reports core events
(**) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
(II) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Found 8 mouse buttons
(II) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Found relative axes
(II) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Found x and y relative axes
(II) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: Configuring as mouse
(**) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" (type: MOUSE)
(II) PS2++ Logitech TrackMan: initialized for relative axes.
(II) config/udev: Adding input device PS2++ Logitech TrackMan (/dev/input/mouse0)
(II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)

How do I tell the x-server that I have a keyboard with 102 keys? How
do I make it so that the trackball emulates a mouse wheel again?