Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Johan

Default lazarus & fpc - absent

Good day,

I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.

Seem to be absent from the sources.

How can I get it please.

Thanks
Johan

Archive: 4CB197F6.8070004@telkomsa.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CB197F6.8070004@telkomsa.net

Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Javier Barroso

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Johan <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
> I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.
>
> Seem to be absent from the sources.
>
> How can I get it please.
You can search within package descriptions with aptitude, I suppose
some of next packages you would need:

$ aptitude search ~dlazarus
p fpc-source - Free Pascal Compiler - Source Code
p lazarus - IDE for Free Pascal - Meta Package
p lazarus-doc - IDE for Free Pascal - Documentation
p lazarus-ide - IDE for Free Pascal - Common IDE files
p lazarus-ide-gtk2 - IDE for Free Pascal - IDE build on top of
p lazarus-ide-qt4 - IDE for Free Pascal - IDE build on top of
p lazarus-src - IDE for Free Pascal - LCL Sources Code
p lcl - Lazarus Components Library - LCL metapacka
p lcl-gtk2 - Lazarus Components Library - GTK+ backend
p lcl-nogui - Lazarus Components Library - No GUI backen
p lcl-qt4 - Lazarus Components Library - QT backend
p lcl-units - Lazarus Components Library - Backend indep
p lcl-utils - Lazarus Components Library - Command Line
p tct - collection of forensics related utilities

Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:43:16 +0200, Javier Barroso wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Johan wrote:
>> Good day,
>>
>> I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse. I do a bit
>> of programming in lazarus & fpc.
>>
>> Seem to be absent from the sources.
>>
>> How can I get it please.

> You can search within package descriptions with aptitude, I suppose some
> of next packages you would need:
>
> $ aptitude search ~dlazarus

(...)

It seems they are available for Squeeze and Sid but not Lenny ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 AM
David Goodenough

On Sunday 10 October 2010, Johan wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
> I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.
>
> Seem to be absent from the sources.
>
> How can I get it please.
>
> Thanks
> Johan
If you us:-

apt-get source lazarus fpc

you will get the source for both packages.

David

Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Johan

Javier Barroso wrote:

[...]

Regards,

If I do as told I get this. What does that mean, please
I run debian 506 lenny.

unknown001e33032a68:/home/johan# aptitude search ~dlazarus
p tct - Forensics related
utilities.

Archive: 4CB1A5F0.9020808@telkomsa.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CB1A5F0.9020808@telkomsa.net

Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Johan

David Goodenough wrote:

On Sunday 10 October 2010, Johan wrote:

Good day,

I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.

Seem to be absent from the sources.

How can I get it please.

Thanks
Johan

If you us:-

apt-get source lazarus fpc

you will get the source for both packages.

David

I googled and found this..would that be any good?

http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/lazarus/download

Download Page for lazarus_0.9.28.2-12_all.deb

If you are running Debian, it is strongly suggested to use a package
manager like aptitude <http://packages.debian.org/sid/aptitude> or
synaptic <http://packages.debian.org/sid/synaptic> to download and
install packages, instead of doing so manually via this website.

You should be able to use any of the listed mirrors by adding a line to
your /etc/apt/sources.list like this:

deb http:///ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main

Replacing /ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ with the mirror in question.

You can download the requested file from the pool/main/l/lazarus/
subdirectory at any of these sites:

Archive: 4CB1A81A.5080900@telkomsa.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CB1A81A.5080900@telkomsa.net

Old 10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Javier Barroso

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Johan <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> David Goodenough wrote:
>>
>> On Sunday 10 October 2010, Johan wrote:
>>

>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
>>> I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.
>>>
>>> Seem to be absent from the sources.
>>>
>>> How can I get it please.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Johan
>>>

>> If you us:-
>>
>> *apt-get source lazarus fpc
>>
>> you will get the source for both packages.
>>
>> David
>>

> I googled and found this..would that be any good?
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/lazarus/download
>

> * Download Page for lazarus_0.9.28.2-12_all.deb
>
> If you are running Debian, it is strongly suggested to use a package manager
> like aptitude <http://packages.debian.org/sid/aptitude> or synaptic
> <http://packages.debian.org/sid/synaptic> to download and install packages,
> instead of doing so manually via this website.
>
> You should be able to use any of the listed mirrors by adding a line to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list like this:
>
> deb http:///ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main
> Replacing /ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ with the mirror in question.

Better replace sid with sequeeze in that instructions, and run
aptitude update; aptitude -s install lazarus , to see which packages
will be picked from squeeze

You will need a mixed debian environment (see pinning [1]) or to do a
backport (both are advanced topics)

Seems like lazarus was removed from lenny for legal reasons [2]

Regards,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences?action=show&redirect=Pinning

Old 10-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Lisi

On Sunday 10 October 2010 12:58:02 Javier Barroso wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Johan <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> > You should be able to use any of the listed mirrors by adding a line to
> > your /etc/apt/sources.list like this:
> >
> > deb http:///ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main
> > Replacing /ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ with the mirror in question.
>
> Better replace sid with sequeeze in that instructions, and run
> aptitude update; aptitude -s install lazarus , to see which packages
> will be picked from squeeze
>
> You will need a mixed debian environment (see pinning [1]) or to do a
> backport (both are advanced topics)
>
> Seems like lazarus was removed from lenny for legal reasons [2]
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences?action=show&redirect=Pinning
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=506977

Johan seems to want a lot of more up-to-date stuff. Would he not be better to
use Squeeze in the first place? After all, it is over two tears since Lenny
was frozen. Then he wouldn'y have to dive into more complex stuff
immediately. He does not appear to be sufficiently at home yet to grasp the
difference between Lenny and Sid - let alone to try and run those two
together!

Lisi

Old 10-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Johan Scheepers

On 10/10/2010 16:21, Lisi wrote:

[...]

Lisi,
Thanks,

I have downloaded Debian-weekly-test dvd
and all is there. Most on the dvd and some from repo.

I know I am running unstable test but will update regularly.
This mail is from Test.
Johan

Archive: 4CB58C2D.1080502@telkomsa.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CB58C2D.1080502@telkomsa.net

Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Lisi

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 11:38:37 Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 10/10/2010 16:21, Lisi wrote:
> > Johan seems to want a lot of more up-to-date stuff. Would he not be
> > better to use Squeeze in the first place? After all, it is over two
> > tears since Lenny was frozen. Then he wouldn'y have to dive into more
> > complex stuff immediately. He does not appear to be sufficiently at home
> > yet to grasp the difference between Lenny and Sid - let alone to try and
> > run those two together!

> Lisi,
> Thanks,
>
> I have downloaded Debian-weekly-test dvd
> and all is there. Most on the dvd and some from repo.

:-) Good.

> I know I am running unstable test but will update regularly.
> This mail is from Test.

I think that a large percentage of the users on this list use Squeeze on their
desktops. It has already ben frozen, so will become progressively more
stable until it becomes Stable and Lenny is downgraded to Old Stable. So you
should be fine. I am sure that that was the best thing to do in the
circumstances.

By the way, Squeeze is Testing, which is not unstable. Tho' it probably
appears unstable to many people here, it is not classified as unstable, but
as testing. Sid is Unstable and is indeed unstable! This nomenclature is
not of itself important, but I may not be the only one who has found that
your posts are sometimes a bit confusing because I am not sure to which out
of Squeeze and Sid you are referring. I am woefully ignorant about Fedora so
cannot just translate. ;-)

Lisi