Old 10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Ken Heard

Default How to change jpg time stamp using exiv2

Old 10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
godo

On 10/09/2010 07:02 PM, Ken Heard wrote:

Hi,
I newer used exiv2, tried for first time with your command "exiv2 -a 12
adjust" on my_photo.TIF and everything was ok.
"exiv2 -u my_photo.TIF" give a difference before and after "exiv2 -a 12
adjust" in image timestamp.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Archive: 4CB0B25A.20202@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CB0B25A.20202@dobosevic.com

Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 13:02:20 -0400, Ken Heard wrote:

> So, I have a time stamp of 2010-04-16 Fri 07:11, where I want to change
> the time to 19:11. So I run
>
> exiv2 -a 12 adjust img_1234.jpg
>
> and get the following in return:
>
> Warning: Makernote IFD has a next pointer != 0 (128). Ignored.
>
> So the man page is obviously wrong. I would appreciate it if someone
> could tell me the proper format for this command.

It works fine here (tested with a random jpeg image from the web).

Try with another image source.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Ken Heard wrote:

According to the exiv2 man page the command to change a jpg time stamp
is as follows:

exiv2 -a <time> adjust <file>

<Time> is the difference between the time to be adjusted and the new
time in the format [-]HH[:MM[:SS]]. For example: 1 adds one hour, 1:01
adds one hour and one minute, -0:00:30 subtracts 30 seconds.

So, I have a time stamp of 2010-04-16 Fri 07:11, where I want to change
the time to 19:11. So I run

exiv2 -a 12 adjust img_1234.jpg

and get the following in return:

Warning: Makernote IFD has a next pointer != 0 (128). Ignored.

So the man page is obviously wrong. I would appreciate it if someone
could tell me the proper format for this command.

Regards, Ken Heard

With Sid and
ii exiv2 0.20-2
I do: