Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Marcelo Laia

Default Debian-installer crashes

I try to install a fresh version of debian testing and it crashes on step:

apt configuring
executing cdset

In this step, it show a red bar and crashes here.

What I could do?

Thank you very much.

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
www.ufvjm.edu.br/floresta

Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 PM
godo

On 10/08/2010 07:35 PM, Marcelo Laia wrote:

I try to install a fresh version of debian testing and it crashes on step:

apt configuring
executing cdset

In this step, it show a red bar and crashes here.

What I could do?

Thank you very much.

Try with weakly (not daily) debian.iso
Daily have bugs sometimes.
And off course check MD5sum and burn iso on lowest speed.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

Archive: 4CAF8580.70203@dobosevic.com">http://lists.debian.org/4CAF8580.70203@dobosevic.com

Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Marcelo Laia

> Try with weakly (not daily) debian.iso
> Daily have bugs sometimes.
> And off course check MD5sum and burn iso on lowest speed.

I have the weakly version and MD5sum is OK.

I burn a new DVD in a lowest speed and the problem persists.

When the installer is on Configuring APT, the red bar shows 25% and
crashes on "executing cdset..."

This is a bug!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 00:54:59 -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:

>> Try with weakly (not daily) debian.iso Daily have bugs sometimes.
>> And off course check MD5sum and burn iso on lowest speed.
>
> I have the weakly version and MD5sum is OK.
>
> I burn a new DVD in a lowest speed and the problem persists.
>
> When the installer is on Configuring APT, the red bar shows 25% and
> crashes on "executing cdset..."
>
> This is a bug!

Then you can follow the recommended steps to getting additional
information about the crash:

5.4. Troubleshooting the Installation Process
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s04.html#submit-bug

Or you can try with another medium. Network images or CD, for example.

Greeting,

--
Camaleón

Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Marcelo Laia

> Then you can follow the recommended steps to getting additional
> information about the crash:
>
> 5.4. Troubleshooting the Installation Process
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s04.html#submit-bug
>
> Or you can try with another medium. Network images or CD, for example.

I will not filled a bug report because this is a weekly version. So, I
hope that in the next week it is covered.

I bypass this problem starting the installation with a old version
(2009) and add the newest dvd when prompted me.

I have a little problem with GRUB2, because old version use GRUB 0.9.
I bypass it in part (UUII problem).

I install the minimal system and now I am searching a workaround to
put my Atheros wireless up. I need wpasupplicant and all deps (I am
looking for a way to download all deps together). I will try to modify
/etc/network/interfaces. My AP use wpa2 passphrase. This issues is
welcome because it is an opportunity to upgrade my knowledge.

Thank you very much!

A good weekend!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
godo

I install the minimal system and now I am searching a workaround to
put my Atheros wireless up. I need wpasupplicant and all deps (I am
looking for a way to download all deps together). I will try to modify
/etc/network/interfaces. My AP use wpa2 passphrase. This issues is
welcome because it is an opportunity to upgrade my knowledge.

Thank you very much!

A good weekend!

Hi,
don't worry about dependencies. "apt-get install" will download and
install all dependencies your app need.