Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Lisi

Default SOLVED Lost keyboard in KDE 3.5.10 on Lenny.

On Friday 01 October 2010 11:44:34 Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2010 11:13:30 Greg Madden wrote:
> > KDE barfs sometimes like this. You don't have to do anything to the user,
> > just rename your .kde dir to .kde.bk. Log out and back in. Copy files
> > from .kde.bk to .kde.
>
> Thanks, Greg!

Several long bleary-eyed sessions later - I have my keyboard back in KDE as
myself.

The problem was a small file buried in .kde/share/config called kaccessrc. I
deleted it from .kde.bak, renamed .kde.bak to .kde and all seems to be
sweetness and light - I have my keyboard back anyway!

Thanks for all the help. :-))

Lisi

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Lisi

On Friday 08 October 2010 08:54:07 Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2010 11:44:34 Lisi wrote:
> > On Friday 01 October 2010 11:13:30 Greg Madden wrote:
> > > KDE barfs sometimes like this. You don't have to do anything to the
> > > user, just rename your .kde dir to .kde.bk. Log out and back in. Copy
> > > files from .kde.bk to .kde.
> >
> > Thanks, Greg!
>
> Several long bleary-eyed sessions later - I have my keyboard back in KDE as
> myself.
>
> The problem was a small file buried in .kde/share/config called kaccessrc.
> I deleted it from .kde.bak, renamed .kde.bak to .kde and all seems to be
> sweetness and light - I have my keyboard back anyway!
>
> Thanks for all the help. :-))
>
> Lisi

I ought to have said for the archives:

Having found the problem, or one of the problems; I renamed .kde to .kde.bak2
[in case there were other problem files so that I could go back to movibng
one at a time until I had found the other culprit(s)], removed the offending
file from .kde.bak, and renamed .kde.bak to .kde. So far everything seems
fine. :-)

Lisi