Old 10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Tom Browder

Default How to determine packages added after installation?

Is there any way to get a list of the default packages used for an
initial installation from CD? I looked at my 10.04.1 CD and could
find only a limited set of packages (*.deb) under ./pool, and that is
obviously not all that were installed.

My purpose is so that I can ensure a co-worker has the same package
setup as I so our environments are identical. I know I can do this by
comparing his installed package list versus mine. but it would be
easier if I could just tell him what I added after a default
installation. A "Date-installed:" record in the package list file
(/var/lib/dpkg/status) would be helpful for compiling such a list (and
maybe a "How-installed:" record).

Thanks,

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida
USA

Old 10-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Thursday 07 October 2010 16:31:56 Tom Browder wrote:
> Is there any way to get a list of the default packages used for an
> initial installation from CD? I looked at my 10.04.1 CD and could
> find only a limited set of packages (*.deb) under ./pool, and that is
> obviously not all that were installed.
>
> My purpose is so that I can ensure a co-worker has the same package
> setup as I so our environments are identical. I know I can do this by
> comparing his installed package list versus mine. but it would be
> easier if I could just tell him what I added after a default
> installation. A "Date-installed:" record in the package list file
> (/var/lib/dpkg/status) would be helpful for compiling such a list (and
> maybe a "How-installed:" record).
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Tom
>
> Thomas M. Browder, Jr.