Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Camaleón

Default (Solved) Setting up "dhclient" to get a fallback configuration

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:10:42 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a fallback configuration for "eth0" device when no
> DHCP server is available in the local network. But I can't :-)

Solved.

This bug is (still!) valid. I'll reopen, time permitting so it gets fixed
for the current package ("isc-dhcp-client"):

***
must set expire date on static leases in dhclient.conf
***

One has to define valid (in future) values for "renew, rebind,
expire" fields in the "lease" stanza:

***
lease {
interface "eth0";