Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 AM
"Thomas H. George"

Default Debian Live Problem: No binary.img

I followed the steps in the Debian Live manual Section 4.3: Building an
USB/HDD image. The lb build command appeared to end successfully but
there was no binary.img file. A file binary.packages was created.
Could this just be a name change?

Tom

Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
rudu

I followed the steps in the Debian Live manual Section 4.3: Building an
USB/HDD image. The lb build command appeared to end successfully but
there was no binary.img file. A file binary.packages was created.
Could this just be a name change?

There is probably a problem during the build process.
Try to get some logs with a build command like :
# lh build 2>&1 | tee buildlog.txt

HTH
Jean-Marc

Archive: 4CADCEFD.3020306@cegetel.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CADCEFD.3020306@cegetel.net

Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
"Thomas H. George"

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 09:18:22PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I followed the steps in the Debian Live manual Section 4.3: Building an
> USB/HDD image. The lb build command appeared to end successfully but
> there was no binary.img file. A file binary.packages was created.
> Could this just be a name change?
>
> Tom

Update: Decided to try building an iso so entered the following commands

lb clean
lb config
lb build

This completed successfully but produced a binary.img rather than a
binary.iso. Tried

qemu -hda binary.img

but this locked up the computer, even Alt-SysRq-b had no effect. Had to
reboot.

Tried putting the image on a 4Gb USB stick and this worked, I was able to
boot Debian Live from the memory stick. The system is limited as the
transfer created a 162Mb partition and the transferred image occupies
97% of the partition.

Tom