Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM

Default Default alsa sound device in Squeeze ...

... is the on-board device in a system here.

I'm interested to make a USB audio adapter the default and
found this discussion.
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc#The_default_plugin
Is it applicable for Squeeze? Is there a better way?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132. 7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old

Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 09:33:23 -0700, peasthope wrote:

> ... is the on-board device in a system here.
>
> I'm interested to make a USB audio adapter the default and found this
> discussion.
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc#The_default_plugin
> Is it applicable for Squeeze? Is there a better way?

I'd say yes (at least for lenny I followed those steps and worked fine).

But, better yet: test it, it won't hurt ;-)

Also:

http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA#Troubleshooting

Greetings,

--