Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Sthu Deus

Default 2 identical GSM-modems discern.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Ron:

> Have you tried lsusb?

Yes, but still have no idea how I can recognize the ports to which a
device is connected. The records of the both differ only here:

Bus 004 Device 002:
Bus 005 Device 006:

How do You convert the addresses into physical ports - if I have
understood You correctly?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Ron Johnson

Thank You for Your time and answer, Ron:

Have you tried lsusb?

Yes, but still have no idea how I can recognize the ports to which a
device is connected. The records of the both differ only here:

Bus 004 Device 002:
Bus 005 Device 006:

How do You convert the addresses into physical ports - if I have
understood You correctly?

In "lsusb -v -s 004:002" there should be an iSerial field. Maybe
that has a non-zero value in it?

--
Seek truth from facts.

Archive: 4CACBA64.8090606@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4CACBA64.8090606@cox.net

Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Timo Juhani Lindfors

Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> writes:
> How do You convert the addresses into physical ports - if I have
> understood You correctly?

The -t option shows usb topology:

$ lsusb -t
Bus# 8
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
Bus# 7
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
Bus# 6
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
Bus# 5
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
Bus# 4
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0002
`-Dev# 2 Vendor 0x0bda Product 0x0151
Bus# 3
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
Bus# 2
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0002
`-Dev# 50 Vendor 0x058f Product 0x6254
|-Dev# 73 Vendor 0x05e3 Product 0x0608
| |-Dev# 77 Vendor 0x0951 Product 0x1603
| |-Dev# 76 Vendor 0x0fe6 Product 0x8101
| `-Dev# 75 Vendor 0x067b Product 0x2303
|-Dev# 78 Vendor 0x046d Product 0xc00e
|-Dev# 70 Vendor 0x058f Product 0x9254
| |-Dev# 71 Vendor 0x1b1c Product 0x1ab1
| `-Dev# 72 Vendor 0x1130 Product 0xf211
`-Dev# 79 Vendor 0x1457 Product 0x5122
Bus# 1
`-Dev# 1 Vendor 0x1d6b Product 0x0001
`-Dev# 7 Vendor 0x03eb Product 0x2046

Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Ron:

> In "lsusb -v -s 004:002" there should be an iSerial field. Maybe
> that has a non-zero value in it?

I do have the field, - for both devices it is the same.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Timo:

> > How do You convert the addresses into physical ports - if I have
> > understood You correctly?
>
> The -t option shows usb topology

That's true, but it helps me a little, as the devices have the same IDs
only diver bus/dev topology differs. I can see the ports the devs the
modems are connected to, but can not discern between the modems and
the OS devices as it is defined at the reboot time (i.e. /dev/ttyUSB*).